lessons 14 - 16


my first real oil painting attempt and i am in my element with this medium. i chose this photograph of my neighbour in london from quite a few years ago. i really wanted to try a portrait and i do love the details in this shot.

feeling quite hesitant in the beginning.. getting a feel for the oils and the idea of layers



this week we talked about pattern in art and how we can use it. once you start looking around you notice just how much pattern is used everywhere. and referring back to the image i am painting, its obvious that more than 50% of the picture is made up of pattern.

3 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Welcome back! I've missed your postings! The painting is looking fabulous!

Ursula Achten said...

Julie Hi!!Smile!
I'm so glad to see you painting....and posting!
The photo you've chosen is amazing and I'm curious how this painting will "go on".
Through my whole life I loved patterns and ornaments!
Bouncing greetings!

babelfish said...

I love the details of your neighbour's photo, can't wait to see how you execute the patterning with oils.